Calgary Crane & Rigging: Inventory of Crane and Construction Equipment
When you need to rent a crane and operator for your construction or agricultural project, you should rely on a team that focuses on the needs of your company. Calgary Crane Services Ltd – Calgary Crane and Rigging uses only the very best and safest equipment we can find to accomplish a wide variety of construction and erecting tasks. Our inventory includes a wide range of cranes and trucks, each designed for optimal operation in different settings.
Our fleet of trucks and inventory of equipment include:
- 80-Tonne Mobile
- 65-Tonne Mobile
- Up to 40-Tonne Boom Trucks
- 20-Foot Flat Deck
- 2-Person Man-basket
- 134-Foot Boom Tip Height
- Jib Up to 185 Feet
- 30-Foot Trailer
Note: We do not sell craning equipment.
Choosing a Calgary Crane
Whether you need a crane for construction, agricultural or gas and oil applications, it’s very important for you to choose the right one. Different cranes and trucks are better for different types of projects, so there are several factors to consider when choosing a crane in Calgary.
- Height: The height of the work to be done is very important. It will affect what type of boom is necessary and how the boom is set up. Extension of the boom can be affected by wind, which will increase as the height increases.
- Distance: The distance of the load from the crane is also important. Counterweights, support structures and stability of the boom are all affected by the distance from the load’s origin point to the base of the crane. Each crane can only hoist so much weight at certain distances, so be sure to look at charts and get professional advice on the matter.
- Conditions: The material and condition of the ground at the worksite is also important. Our Calgary cranes and trucks have enormous weight, so certain ground conditions are necessary for optimal operation. Cranes need a solid support structure underneath them to keep them stabilized. Unstable or rough terrain can cause issues.
- Obstacles: Cranes often need to be adapted to circumvent obstacles, such as nearby buildings, powerlines or trees. For certain types of cranes, controls and pendant station cables can be affected by such obstacles. Be sure the crane you choose is capable of overcoming obstacles.
If you’re having trouble choosing a Calgary crane for your project, you can rely on the experts at Calgary Crane Services Ltd – Calgary Crane and Rigging for professional advice. Contact Calgary Crane Services Ltd – Calgary Crane and Rigging today to learn more about our crane and construction equipement.